About helicopter flight training staff member David Brookes
David Brookes: Resident flight instructor
David Brooks teaches our advanced classes and also flies a jet for a fractional company.
Certificates and ratings:
Airline Transport Pilot:
- Airplane Multi Engine Land
- FAA Certificate
- Airplane Single Engine Land and Glider; Single-engine Sea. FAA Certificate
Gold-Seal Flight Instructor:
- Airplane Single
- Multi Engine
- Instrument Airplane and Helicopter
- FAA Certificate, Glider
- Advanced and Instrument. FAA Certificate issued April 18, 1994.
- Total: Over 9000 hours.
- London School of Economics, London University, London 1990-1992.
- Degrees: Master's Degree, MSc Economics, June 1992.
- Diploma with Merit, Economics, July 1991.
- Columbia College, Columbia University, New York 1986-1990.
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics, February 1990.
- Nonsmoker, height 75 inches, weight 185 pounds.
- Fluent in French, conversational in Russian and Japanese.
- Fluent in major Windows applications, MS-DOS, Basic, Fortran.
- Open Water Scuba certification, July 1992.
- Tae Kwon Do, 1st degree black belt, December 1989.
- Classical Piano, Cello, and Bagpipes, 1973 to present.
- Member of MENSA, author of two books and a screenplay.
- Wings phase I program completed December 30, 1997.
- Avid amateur runner and sailor.